I have been contacted by a teacher called Layla Sacker from Mt. Scopus Memorial College in Melbourne. She is in the process of developing a new unit of inquiry and would like it to have a strong literature focus. She contacted me because of the work my Y6 students did with her school in the build up to their PYP Exhibition and because she knows that I am interested in planning processes and, more particularly, planning units that are quite focused.
Layla will put a planning document onto GoogleDocs and then a number of us will feed into the document when we can. GoogleDocs is a very powerful tool that I would like to learn more about, perhaps you would too?
Would you be interested in joining in this experiment? Here are the positives:
- Good experience planning a unit of inquiry from scratch
- Good experience to plan with no personal attachment
- Good to plan a unit of inquiry that has a focus
- Good to learn about how to use GoogleDocs
- Good to establish connections with other teachers and schools
Let me know if you’re interested and I’ll inform Layla.
Image from http://www.openpages.com/blog/index.php/2010-grc-wish-list-collaborate