Social media has changed the ‘face’ of education. We can push out and share so many ideas, experiences and moments. The main players are without a doubt facebook pages and twitter. For this post let’s focus on twitter.
Let’s stir up the hornet’s nest and create some controversy. I would like to put it out there, hoping to get your opinion.
Yes, I’m with you… twitter is a powerful and useful tool to share. Check. I am fully aware of the opportunities and I’m all about spreading ideas.
However…. what’s your stance about:
- It feels like it’s a platform for people to pontificate in hope to be more about the ‘likes’ and ‘retweets.’ True or False?
- It’s a bit of an ego boost. Let’s face it, we like to be noticed, right? True or False?
- A self promotion tool to tell the world all about the wonderful things you are doing. True or False?
- For some, people spend more time catching a moment, only to miss the next moment because you’re glued to your screen. True or False?
- There is pressure to be on twitter because that’s what everyone is doing. True or False?
- It’s about having more followers than following. True or False?
- I am a better teacher because I am on twitter. True or False?
Does twitter control you or do you have a handle on twitter? How do you find balance?